Joyfold Christmas.

(click on photo to enlarge)


I found the idea of turning a joyfold card 90 degrees by viewing a card by Julie Gearinger. I thought it was a great idea and just had to try one of my own. This is a card we did in class last week.
I used Twitterpated designer paper and the baubles from the Merry and Type Stamp Set. Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke Cardstock and ink. I stamped the baubles with versamark and then embossed them with cherry cobbler embossing powder.
(click on photo to enlarge)
I cut a extra large oval and placed it over the centre of  the designer oval frame. Then I sponged lightly all around the white space of the card with artichoke ink. This was to highlight the centre bauble in the frame.

(click on photo to enlarge)
This is how it looks open. I have stamped the baubles in pretty in pink on the inside of the card. The edge of the bauble piece just sits under the triple bouquet punch flower which is raised up with dimensionals.

Well my son has returned safely from his South African adventure. When I finally let go of him at the airport he started to tell us some of his adventures. He went Shark Diving in a cage at Capetown. Visited Ghettos and Markets that were classed as "unsafe areas" for tourists. Went to a Safari Park near Durban and saw every kind of animal and basically had an amazing time. Of course he has a zillion photos and has already asked if I will do a Scrapbook for him. Sigh.
Yes, Son, Of course I will. Just add it to the pile of other scrapbooking jobs! hehe.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts