Happy Watercolour Clean and Simple Insomnia Card


Well this is a change from my last card I promise you.
Have you ever suffered with Insomnia? As a child I was told about a neighbour who stayed up most of the night because she suffered from Insomnia. I thought this sounded marvellous. Only needing 3 or 4 hours sleep - think what you could get done with so much more time.

However, as I have discovered that is not what Insomnia is. It is when you really need to sleep, want to sleep, but you just can't.
Unfortunately I have developed Insomnia due to my Anxiety. I was advised not to lie in bed awake  but to get up and do things.
After I had read for a while, cleaned my craft desk up, put away the dishes, well there was only one thing left to do wasn't there? That's right - A Challenge Card!!! LOL!
Incredibly, despite the fact that it was 5.30am and I hadn't slept yet I whipped this card together pretty quickly.

I have created a Clean and Simple Card for Create with Connie and Mary Colour Challenge

and The Paper Players Challenge


Come and have a look.
(click on photo to enlarge)
I have used Strawberry Slush, Basic Black, Whisper White card stock.
Stamps:
Happy Watercolour, Perfect Pennants (greeting) and dots at bottom, Papillion Potpourri butterfly.

I coloured the flowers with Strawberry Slush ink and a blender pen.
Stems are Old olive and centre of flowers.
The flowers were also stamped twice and I cut out a section and placed on top of the stamped flowers to give a 3D look. (I wonder if you can still call this clean and simple?)
Added some lovely dazzling diamonds glitter.


(click on photo to enlarge)


So it is good to have something positive come out of it. I think it turned out really well. (but remember I have only had about 3 hours broken sleep. haha.)
Yes I did fall asleep at about 6.30am for a couple of hours.
Not looking forward to tonight as I have been through this before and when I don't sleep one night it takes several bad nights for me to get back to a bit better sleeping.

So if you are having trouble sleeping maybe try a challenge or two, I will probably be up. hehe.

Thanks for visiting. Love hearing from you. Come back tomorrow as I have another card for you.
Vx

Comments

  1. Sorry about the insomnia! That really is miserable! Glad though that you decided to join our challenge! What a great card fro spring! Love your flowers and how you layered them! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you with the insomnia. I hope you can find a way through it soon. Have you been to a sleep clinic at all? Meanwhile, your card is beautiful and it is good that you use your time awake constructively. Hang in there, Vicki. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...feel for you with insomnia! I know how that feels, but hadn't heard that you should get up and do something! I love how you did a trio of the flowers on the side, grounded with the polka dot line images. Pretty! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you have insomnia.. it's awful! I'm impressed that you could make such a pretty card without sleep!! The second layer on the flowers really looks great and Dazzling Diamonds is always a great touch! Love the polka dots below the flowers and under the top banner! Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry to hear about your insomnia! I hope that you will get the peaceful rest you need soon! Your card is really pretty! Love the way you added dimension to the flowers! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you were able to put the sleeplessness to good use! This is a lovely card--especially with the trio of flowers and the layout is fabulous! I hope you get some rest soon...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for such heartfelt comments. Last night I got 5 hours! Fantastic! The secret to living with Insomnia is just that. You have to accept it and not let it stress you any further. I have given up looking at the clock every hour that I am awake. It doesn't help. I am not convinced yet that getting up and doing things helps either but it did produce a great card! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I can totally relate to your insomnia. Some nights I am so exhausted I sleep like a rock, but other nights, most, sleep is so elusive. Creating a card on three hours sleep? Quite impressive! I truly love your beautiful floral creation, and best wishes for a good night's sleep tonight, Vicki. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts