Pink and Pretty Presents for Mother's Day or Any Day!

Remember you can click on any photos to enlarge them

Hello Happy Stampers, Looking for ideas for Mother's Day? It is just around the corner you know!
How about this idea?....

This month I decided to make a pretty little bag in the box with some beautiful designer paper from Birthday Bouquet (Occasions Catalogue p.9).
Once I started down the Pink and Pretty Path I just couldn't seem to stop! LOL! Mother's Day is just around the corner and who wouldn't love something pretty and feminine, like this, any time for a gift?



I tucked some pretty pink tissue paper inside 


and added a flowery pen (I cut the top off the original packaging and added my own "flowery" punch topper. 
(Flower topper is Blushing Bride cardstock scallop circle punch, sponged with Watermelon Wonder ink. Birthday Bouquet dsp scallop circle punch. Mint Macaron Pansy Punch, Pink Pirouette Scallop circle and a little white su flower punch(retired). 
The pen also came with a matching pack of circle shaped sticky notes. So I added a Blushing Bride circle and doily to the back of them just to make them that bit more "special".

 I needed some more pink in the bag so I added a chocolate which I had to decorate too, with a strip of designer paper and a Chocolate Topper? (is there even such a thing???) hehe.-
 using Blushing Bride Glimmer card heart punch, a doily (the doily is stuck into a pink straw and the heart holds them together with glue dots.


Would you like the bag measurements? There are heaps of Bag in the Box Tutorials out there in Blogland, Youtube and Pinterest, if you are looking for one, they have been around for quite a number of years.

Designer paper - 10cm x 30cm
Base Box - 13.5cm x 8cm - score all way round 2cm  - create box.
Stick Designer paper around box base.
Cardstock for top and bottom of back - 2cm x 29cm (this goes on the outside of the designer paper bag top and bottom.)
Cardstock for handles - 1.5cm x 29cm


So of course this pretty little bag needed a card....

 This card in Pink Pirouette cardstock is called a Cascade Card and I got my idea for it with the embossing in the centre piece from Olga Cavanaugh from Crafts Bouquet Blog.

I know Saleabration is over but I couldn't resist using the Botanicals Just for You Saleabration stamp set to make the wreath of flowers. So pretty in Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron don't you think? Just draw a circle in pencil around a punched out circle shape and stamp around it.


A pink Blushing Bride Glimmer butterfly finishes off the front nicely.

 For the middle section I ran it through the Bigshot with the Lovely Lace Embossing folder and placed some white cardstock inside for writing on.
The final section is done using some more Birthday Bouquet dsp a non-SU greeting punched out with the circle punch and more of those pretty flowers stamped around.
Two little butterflies in Mint Macaron and Pink Pirouette flutter around the top of the page.

Here is the card open.


 Measurements for the card.
I used an A4 piece of cardstock. I scored it at 10cm and 20cm along the 29.5cm length.
Then on the short end(21cm) I marked it at 8cm on the top and at the bottom marked 13cm.
I placed these two marks on my cutting groove and cut diagonally along. This gives you two cards.

I hope you liked my Pretty in Pink Mother's Day (or any Day really!) little set.


Have a beautiful day! Thanks for stopping by. Vx




Comments

Popular Posts