Something Lacy Coloured

Greetings Happy Stampers!
Do you like colouring? Well this technique is for everyone who likes the idea but struggles with the concept of staying in the lines! haha. That is ME by the way!

So what I did was stamped my Something Lacy Background Stamp (p.43 Occasions Cat.) on Vellum with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white craft ink.

Then I flipped the vellum over and started colouring in all the flowers and leaves.
I used my Stampin Write Markers.
Tip: I like to give it a blast with my heat gun when I am finished just to make sure the ink is all dried.
 As you can see..not the best colouring. But it doesn't matter when you are on the other side of the vellum! Hooray! Flip it over and have a look...
 Hmmmm...not very clear on the colours with this green background...
 The black is even worse!....

Ahhh.... a bit of white cardstock underneath and you can see all the lovely colours.
Nice.
I have used Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Real Red and Wild Wasabi.
Strong colours work well.
 And here is the card I made with this.
I kept it fairly simple as I wanted the background to be the main feature.


The oval is embossed with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. I used Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon and a little bit of Metallic Bakers Twine. I just love tying this and then loosening the threads so they "float" around. I think that looks very pretty.

I hope you will have a go at colouring on vellum. It is a lot of fun and easy to do with any stamp suitable for colouring.

Comments

Popular Posts