Multi-coloured butterflies.


Do you ever have a Creative Block???
I did the other week. Everything I tried just didn't seem to work.
Anyway. This is when desperation steps in and we learn to lean on a friends (that is why they are there after all! LOL)
I had a beautiful swap card from my Stampin Up Buddy Carolyn. She had made it using the Baby Wipe Technique. So there was my inspiration! A Baby Wipe Technicolour card just like Carolyns.
Here is hers.

And here is mine.
(click on photo to enlarge)
I used the ink colours Baja Breeze (retired), More Mustard (retired) and Perfect Plum.
The pretty circle stamp is from Everything Eleanor and the butterfly is from Papillion Potpourri (boy do I use that set a lot!). Happy Birthday is from Perfectly Penned.
Window Frames Collection Framelits and the new Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder were used also.

You may be wondering how I came up with these colours... certainly I would never have thought of this combination myself.
 No I used my Handy Dandy Colour Coach to find the colours that coordinate. p.139 main catalogue. What a life-saver that little swatchbook is!
$24.95. p.139 of the catalogue.
Color Coach
While we are on the subject of butterflies..my friend Gail brought along a cute butterfly made from that pretty flower trim we had in the last mini. She saw how to do this on Youtube.
Isn't that sweet. A great little embellishment to add to a scrapbook page or card. Thanks for sharing Gail.

Thanks for dropping by. I have had a bit of a cold this week but am on the mend. 
Eating plenty of this.
 What's that you say???? You can't smell it? Here have a good whiff!!

 Mmm.. Veg Soup! Doesn't that look good and wholesome!
Thanks for visiting.
Vx

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out Vicki. I never would have come up with that colour combo, and your card does look great. So does that soup, LOL! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon, Vicki! At least it is wonderful soup weather, hey. Your card looks beautiful and I agree, the Color Coach is the BEST for working out shades I would never have thought to put together too. Love how you shaded the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki, I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the voting on my card. LOL! I liked the first one better too. YUMMY your soup looks terrific and so does your card and the bows too. Get better soon, Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts