Fishy Fun


By the Tide is my pick for a great versatile stamp set. p.77 of the new Catalogue. 2013-2014.
By the Tide Clear-Mount Stamp Set

It follows in the footsteps of  another great versatile set : retired French Foliage.
How are these two sets similar? I hear you ask.
Well, they can work for any event or occasion and be for either male or female recipients.

They  are both fabulous collage sets with lots of different elements in them and great for showcasing techniques.

Come and see the two By the Tide Cards I made for a recent workshop.
Both ideas came from cards I found on Pinterest.
This one from Elisabeth Stewart.
(click on photo to enlarge)
This card featured Pool Party and White cardstock.
Pool Party, Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Soft Suede and Early Expresso Ink. The Designer Paper in the background is Naturals Composition dsp brayered with Island Indigo Ink. (more on that in another post).

Here is the other card I showed. Idea from Heidi Baks.

(click on photo to enlarge)
This time using Crumbcake as my base. A bit of Calypso Coral cardstock on the sides and whisper white.
Ink used: Pool Party, Island Indigo and Calypso Coral, Expresso and Soft Suede.
I used white gel pen on the shell to highlight its features.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Can you see all the little pearls I stuck onto the coral?? I really liked this. The shell was stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock in Expresso ink with the white gel pen used for highlights.

Consider putting By the Tide Stamp Set on your wish list for the new Catalogue.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back again soon. Vx

Comments

  1. Love how you've done the shell on the second card, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, I love your By The Tide card. Very Handsome. Thanks for your comment on my Dictionary BG card. I know doesn't that look like DSP! I loved how simple it was but so cool looking. Thanks again darlin' . Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Vicki, you've made me rethink whether or not to put this set on my wish list.

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts