Friday, June 14, 2013

Punch Happy!

It is my eldest son's birthday on Saturday. I feel fairly safe that he won't be reading any blog posts of mine in the near future. haha.  So thought I would share his card with you.
We are giving him the complete StarWars DVD set so I wanted to make a card that went along with the StarWars theme.

I decided to go with a Punch Art Card.
First I googled Star Wars images and looked through them to pick something I thought I could possibly make with punches.
R2-D2 seemed like a good one to try.

I bet you are dying to see how I did aren't you?!!
(click on photo to enlarge)

I am very pleased with the result. I used various size circle punches, the pennant punch (for the feet). A lot of different size pieces of rectangle or square pieces of card.
Silver, white, black, going gray and night of navy cardstock.
Stampin Write black marker and a white gel pen.

(click on photo to enlarge)
I decided to make an easel card. Here it is open. "In a galaxy far far away..." hehe.
 The two greetings are typed on the computer and printed off on our white cardstock.
Do you think he will like it?
I certainly hope so.


I just love Punch Art. When you just can't find the right stamp, punch art can be the answer!

When you need a quick and easy card, grab a couple of punches!
A punch can be used for a background or as the main image.
It can be used to highlight a greeting. It is such a versatile tool.
That is why I always say you can never have too many punches! hehe.

So go ahead - what are you waiting for? Put one on your wishlist today! You won't be sorry.
And happy punching!


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Great card Vicki. My only regret is that you should have made this earlier, so I could CASE for my Brother In Law's birthday which was 10th.
    He is the biggest fan ever and has a HUGE Star Wars collection of everything. Even had costume party for his 40th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, you now have a great idea for NEXT year's card. Lol!

    I love punch art too, Vicki :) And Star Wars has long been a favourite. I think your son will love his card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief Vicki - talk about setting yourself a challenge! It's absolutely brilliant and an idea I might very well bear in mind for a birthday in this family - we all love a bit of Star Wars! (Have just thought - I could use a talking tag as my hubby does a brilliant C3PO impression!) Vicky x
    PS Happy birthday to your son for Saturday - and don't be too sure that he's not secretly reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vicky! Wow you have way more energy than m to make a card like this. LOL! Very out of this world. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and yes I am feeling better. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Vicki, this looks great! I am sure your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki this is awesome! I'm sure it will go down a storm(trooper) with your son.

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete