Exploding Swallowtail!


KAPOW!!!

What is an exploding Swallowtail I hear you ask. It sounds quite gory doesn't it! hehe!

I saw a terrific video tutorial by Linda Gutierrez for this Explosion Card. She very nicely renamed it the "Open Surprise Card".
But I like a bit of drama so I changed it up a little bit (as you do). Here is my version.

A nice simple card from the outside.

(click on photo to enlarge)

And then you start to open it...
(click on photo to enlarge)
And Finally... Taa Daa..

(click on photo to enlarge)

I used Cameo Coral, Black and Blushing Bride  for the cardstock and Basic Gray and Cameo Coral for the ink. The beautiful Swallowtail butterfly is the main feature of this card but I have also used some nearly retired stamps from Just Believe and French Foliage and Word Play.

The inside of the card is done on white photocopy paper. 20.5cm x 20.5cm square.
 Let me know if you would like some more information on this and I will be happy to help.

In the meantime make sure you don't miss out on any retiring stamp sets you haven't got yet.

Thanks for stopping by.
Vx 

Comments

Popular Posts