Step Card Measurements

Greetings Happy Stampers!
As promised I have finally put down the measurements for last week's Step Cards.
I admit to being a bit hurried and when I messed up I just stuck a piece of white card over my mistake. Hence the bits of white card glued haphazardly on the templates.hehe. Please try and ignore them.
First Measurements for the Side Step Card.
(click on photo to enlarge)

Take your card 15cm x 21cm (half a piece of A4 cardstock) and fold in half.
Measure 8.5cm along folded edge. Then draw a line in pencil 8cm down.
Cut on this line.
Now for the scoring. I have shown the measurements between each score line.
On the shorter piece.
Score where the cut starts. This is 2.5cm from the bottom of the card.
Then Score another 2.5cm line.
Then Score 8cm from this score line.

(click on photo to enlarge)
For the folding of the Score lines:
First fold - Mountain (up)
Second fold - Valley(down)
Third Fold - Mountain

The score line where the card is folded in half is covered up with pretty designer paper or cardstock.

Now for the Middle Step Card.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Card 15cm x 21cm (half a piece of A4 cardstock). Fold in half.
Measure 4cm in from both edges of your folded cardstock.
Draw a line down in pencil 8cm from these marks. Cut the two lines.
Scoring:
Open out card.
Now score between the two cut lines.
First score is where the cut lines begin (this should be 2.5cm from edge)
Then measure 2.5cm and score -  X 3 times.
Measure 5.5cm from last score line and score.

(click on photo to enlarge)

Folds:
Mountain(up)
Valley(down)
Mountain
Valley
Mountain.

I have added larger piece of cardstock to the two back folds.
The middle fold has a piece of summer starfruit cardstock matted with white. It is 5.5cm wide x 5cm high.
The back fold has a piece of midnight muse cardstock (matted with summer starfruit and print poetry dsp)
This is 6.5cm wide x 10cm high.

The butterflies are on thin strips of acetate and attached to the back of the middle piece.

And after all that math first thing in the morning! Phew! A quick pic of some Thankyou cards for my Stampin Up Customers this month.
I think these turned out really well. So soft and dreamy. (or is that my photography! haha.)
I used the Stamp Set Fine Feathers (p.79 of the main catalogue). Stamped in Pool Party.
And the Words are from a favourite Stamp Set of mine :- Loving Thoughts p.137. Stamped in Baja Breeze.

Here's a little tip for you too.
I like to punch out circles from Sticky Notes and stick them to the inside for writing on. Then the person who receives the card can take off the note and re use the card for themselves. Recycling at it's best! and an extra little pressie!
Have a great weekend and I will catch up with you all next week. We are making some really cool cards in class tomorrow and I can't wait to show you!
Vx

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting instructions Vicki. Even though I have made these style cards in the past, I get lazy with keeping measurements etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great cards Vicki, and thanks for the useful measurements, I'll use these when I next make a step card.

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts