Retro birthday

(click on photo to enlarge)
It is my cousin's birthday party next weekend and I wanted to make a Retro birthday card for him. I think the Pac Man will bring back some memories of our youth.
I use these wooden numbers a lot for special "number" birthday cards. I like to ink them first (I used silver this time) then add a glitter glue in the same colour on top like Stampin Up's Dazzling Details. If I have a matching marker I also go round all the exposed edges but I couldn't find my silver marker this time.
Originally I did my Pac Man and "ghost?/monster?/can't remember what these were called!" on plain black cardstock background. But it looked a bit boring so I added some punched squares with the 1" square punch to make a grid pattern. Then I decided to add a few birthday words and the numbers to give some added interest.

Pac Man is just 1-3/8" circle punch with a slice cut out. Smaller circles are from the Itty Bitty Punch Set.
Ghost/Monster is the Extra large Oval Punch with some jagged edges cut at bottom. (And the the all important googlie eyes!)
Oh yes and I will show you what I stamped on the inside too:
I think that says it all!
Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by.
Come back again soon as I will be giving you some measurements for the Step Cards I showed you last week.
Vx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts