Indie Card

So it was my son's girlfriend's birthday this week and I had to make her a card. When I showed it to him for his approval he said - "Shannon will love that - it is very Indie."?????
Hmmm... Do you know what "Indie" means?
Cause this is what it looks like.
(click on photo to enlarge)


I tried to keep to the "less is more" idea and think I pulled it off.
I have used pool party, pink pirouette, black and white for the cardstock and the lovely Delicate Doilies Stamp Set from the main catalogue and the Itty Bitty Banners set for the sentiment.
I also used the Delicate Doiles Sizzlits and the Beautiful Wings Embosslits both in Pink Pirouette to add some dimension and texture to the card.
I thought the sentiment needed a bit of layering too so it wouldn't get lost on the card.

The word Indie is short for Independent.(I googled it!)
I am still not sure what "indie"represents but he did say it was a modern take on vintage/retro
Does that help??? LOL.
And I am happy to report Shannon loved her card. Happy Birthday Shannon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts