Surprise Explosion card

(Featuring: Explosion Card, Birthday Blooms, Butterfly Basics, Dragonfly Dreams)

I have fallen in love with this technique so beware you will be seeing a few of these cards.
This card front was inspired from one by artysara.blogspot.com. I loved her design and changed it up a bit to make  it my own.

The outside was so pretty I wanted to do something special on the inside too so...
when you open up the inside of the card you get a paper explosion kind of happening.
I had already written in this card so that is why there is an extra slip of whisper white randomly across the the middle there (in case you were wondering :)

Products used:
Cardstock : Sahara Sand, Whisper White, (Pink Pirouette for the butterfly)

Designer paper is a retired piece - 18cm x 18cm. (score 9cm on two sides and diagonally across one direction) I have added contrasting designer paper to the triangle sections.

Stamps: Hardwood (stamped in White Craft Ink)
Butterfly Basics,
Greetings from: Beautiful You, Birthday Blast and Butterfly Basics.

This next surprise explosion card was made using Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalogue.

See that yellow flower? It is actually the Dragonfly wings stamped around in a circle. How cool is that!
I stamped once in So Saffron in the centre of the 9.5cm x 9.5cm Very Vanilla Card.
Then I stamped again on a smaller piece 4cm x 4cm.
Add a piece of plain Very Vanilla 4.2cm x 4.2cm between the two flowers.

The inside designer paper is the Party Animal Dsp Occasions Catalogue.
I added Very Vanilla cardstock to the top and bottom of the card
with stamping from Dragonfly Dreams and Birthday Blooms in Black, So Saffron and Crushed Curry 
ink.



...and a bit of a Starblast thinlets sparkly going on at the top of the card because I just love them.

This is such a fun card to make and great for using up your designer paper too.

Thanks for dropping by. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts