Flower Pot Botanical Blooms

As soon as I saw Botanical Builder Framelits and matching stamp set Botanical Blooms, I knew I wanted to do a Flower Pot Card with them.
So after much thought and research I decided on an Easel Card design inspired by several I saw on Pinterest including one I had seen on Bronwyn Eastley's Blog.Addinktive Designs.

I have used retired Botanical Garden paper, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron, Old Olive and Always Artichoke cardstock and ink.


Here it is closed and then......                                               open.

The flowerpot is actually a pocket for a greeting card.





so you could write a personal message.


Here is a back view of the message card. I placed this through the bigshot with a circle framelit and only ran it through half way to get the curved top.



I thought you might like a few measurements of the Flower Pot so here you go.
My Easel Card is 14cm x 14cm.
The top is scored in half at 7cm.
I used the template to cut my flower pot shape from the bottom half of my Easel card.

I then cut a flower pot (with the fold) in Cajun Craze and used the new tear and tape around the sides and bottom edge. To create a pocket in the Flower pot to hold my card which is topped with flowers and leaves.
TIP: place your card in the pocket and arrange the flower and leaves and greeting first before gluing them so you can get a good idea of where they will sit around the the flower pot.



Unlike my usual comment that a card was a simple/easy/quick .... I won't be saying that this time!
This card did take a while to work out and get just right. But it is definitely a WOW card! And sometimes you do need a WOW card to give to a special someone.

Here's Rosie checking out the flowers in one of my flower pots.



Hope you have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts