Put the Billy on to Boil! New Catalogue to View!

HELLO HELLO...IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!!
A very busy month indeed and more to come.
But today is a very special day in the Stampin Up Calendar! Today is the beginning of a New Catalogue.  The Stampin Up Inspiration Catalogue 2016-2017! (click here)

And I could not go past today without a "blog post" to celebrate.

I am super-excited about the New Catalogue and ....
Oh My...am I super-excited to show this card to you.
(I did make it a little while ago and a couple of items are retired but not too many and I have given substitute ideas for them where possible.)

I made it for an American friend hence the need for a "super Aussie" theme.
And of course... the Botanicals Suite, stamps, dies and paper seemed just the perfect combination for a bush setting.(p.142 of the New Catalogue 2016-2017)
Complete with Gumnut blossom and wattle flowers among others.
 This time I was using my little pocket card to pop a Tea bag in so that is where the inspiration for the Billy can and the blue and white enamel camping mug (do you remember those?) came into it.


Inside....
The computer generated saying inside says"G'day Mate! Boil the Billy....and have a cuppa on me!"

I made the Gumnut with the Bow Builder Punch (p.188 of the New Catalogue) and a flower framelit from the Botanical Builder set.
Using Crumbcake and Soft Suede and Watermelon Wonder for the flower. Can you see the stamping on the gumnut? It is the leaf stamp just like the Old Olive leaves it is sitting on.


I began with retired Mossy Meadow (but you can substitute this for Always Artichoke) for my card and stamped some leaf designs from Botanical Blooms in White Craft ink. Then I added details to leaves with Mossy Meadow ink.

The Botanical Builder Framelits Dies gave me my 3D pieces for the card. (p.26)
Wattle Flowers in Daffodil Yellow.
I loved using the It's my  retired Party Enamel dots on the flowers too. The good news is that we now have Enamel Shapes p.177 with lots of colours to choose from.

And what about the Billycan and the Enamel Cup???
They are from the retired Cups and Kettles Framelits Dies. 
(missed out on the framelits - no problem...subsitute with small rectangle shape and for the cup handle use two different size circle or oval punches)
The blue dots were made with Pacific Point ink using the Timeless Texture stamp set.
(and I just hand drew the line at the top and bottom of the mug with a Stampin Write marker in Pacific Point).

I added the Deco Framelits at the bottom for a decorative edge to the card in both retired Botanicals dsp and Old Olive Cardstock.

I did actually find some Twinings Australian Afternoon Tea - Teabags which was better to pop inside than the old Twinings English Breakfast! More in keeping with the whole Aussie Theme.

Well that is all for today. I think I have spent enough time boasting about my little Aussie Creation.
I hope you have enjoyed it. But I think it must be time to go and Boil the Billy myself.

Until next time.
Vx

If you would like to see my original post with the Teabag Pocket Holder Instructions please click here

Comments

  1. Stunning, Vicki! Simply a joy to read about and to view. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts