Oh what Joy(fold) Sitting Here in a Pop of Pink!

Well I have a complaint! I am supposed to be shopping for much need groceries right now...but what have I been doing instead????
Playing along with the Watercooler Gang! Sigh!
Oh dear oh dear....big mistake checking out their Challenge this morning.
You can click here to see it. Water Cooler Challenge. WWC70

I just loved the Sketch Challenge from Marsha this week but OH NO...I only have hours before it closes if I want to join in!!!

So instead of replenishing the food cupboard I have been playing with my new Sitting Here Stamp Set p.100 and the Grateful Bunch flowers and punch p.94.
And the new Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Paper on p. 172.

 yes...I do know the words aren't straight and that is already driving me crazy! LOL. So I think I will stamp them again on a piece of whisper white. Cut them out and pop them up on top of the crooked one. Just don't have time to do that now. So you will have to imagine that it is done. Okay.
 This card is a Joy Fold Card.
The centre piece opens up like a card within a card. Nifty.
It opens like this. 

The largest flower holds it lightly closed.

Do you like the puffy cushions? You just use a rounded end of something. I used our Die Brush p.190. It has a lovely large round end. Place your paper cushions onto a soft surface like our Stampin Pierce Mat. p.183. Roll the rounded end over your cushions a few timesand they become beautifully curved. Then place a dimensional on them and pop them on your chair.
 So there you are we might be starving in this house but hey... we have a pretty card to admire while we do it. LOL!
Now it is really time for Old Mother Hubbard to go out and get those dreaded groceries.
I mean really.. a choice between grocery shopping and card making...which one is gonna win?
No competition really. haha.
Especially on a day like today which is blowing a gale outside. I would much rather be sitting here amongst the flowers don't you think?
Thanks for a great Sketch Challenge Watercooler Gang.
And thanks for stopping by everyone.
Have a great day.

Comments

  1. Hi, Vicki! Your card is so pretty. Bright, cheerful and reminiscent of those summer days on Grandma's front porch. You know, covering up a crooked sentiment is something I have to do quite often. lol It just makes you more creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, I love the conversation you have going while showing off your beautiful card. It made it more of a personal journey, knowing what your thoughts were. (Hope you've filled those bare cupboards now.) I love the way you've used the images from Sitting Here and Grateful Bunch and just added bits of colours here and there. It's wonderful how Marsha's sketch lends itself so well to being converted into a Joy Fold card. Excellent idea! Thanks so much for joining our Watercoolelr Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, I'm with you - crafting over grocery shopping any day! Plus, if you hadn't made this decision, we wouldn't be enjoying your fabulous card. I love this type of joy fold - very creative! The colour palette is lovely, and the flowers on the corner are perfect for the corner of the porch. Thanks for joining our Watercooler Wednesday challenge :) ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow good thing you scooted in under the wire, because your card is just so delightful! I love that it's a joy fold card as it maximizes the sketch and lends that bit of "wow" factor to an already great card. Thanks for sharing and joining us at the Watercooler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Vicki. Wow you've made good use of your new supplies. LOVE !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Vicki, for winning our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and what a shock to be chosen. So many good entries. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love the added pillows in this set?! They're such a fun addition to the swing setting. Way to go on being the "pick"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts