WHO'S turning 18???



Any Dr. Who fans out there??? Or Whovarians as they are sometimes called.

If so I have a great post for you today!
A lovely young lady I know has just turned 18 recently and among other things - she is a huge fan of Dr. Who.
So much so, that over the past years I have often resorted to Dr. Who for my inspiration for her birthday card.
So I say...when you are on a good thing....stick to it?! LOL!

I knew immediately what I wanted to do for her 18th Birthday card this year.

A version of an Exploding Card. Making the outer box like the Dr. Who Police Box.

This was not a difficult card to make at all.
Using Night of Navy I cut out a square 21cm x 21cm. And scored it 7cm and 14cm both ways.
I cut off all the corner squares to make my box that folds up.


 The lid was created with a piece of cardstock 10cm x 10cm and scored at 1.5cm all the way round.

Here it is in pictures slowly "exploding open" for you.


Ooooh look...there is a box inside?!!!

 I used some retired designer paper inside with the Large Number Framelits Dies for the 18's. They were cut in Gold Foil and Crushed Curry.
( Wonder what is in that Jewellery box???? hmmmm.)
 The mini card in the centre is made using the Saleabration Set Party Pants and the Balloon Bouquet Punch. Simple and effective.

This was great fun to make and I have to say super quick with those Large Numbers. Love, love, love them! Still available in the All Occasions Catalogue if you are interested until the end of May.

And just in case there is anyone else out there like me....who can't stand seeing a box and not knowing what was in it...the little jewellery box holds a silver bracelet with a silver heart attached.

Now I am off to plan another "Big Number" Birthday card. (and I can guarantee the Large Numbers will feature in that one too!) LOL.
What was that I was saying again?...when you are on a good thing... stick to it! hehe.

I thought I would show you a couple of previous years cards I have made for Maddie as well. So you can see I wasn't kidding when I said I was sticking to a theme here. haha.


Thanks for stopping by. 
Vx

Comments

  1. WOW … was my 1st reaction when I saw this box! incredibly beautiful! The recipient will love it!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts