Time for Tea Bags..A nice Cuppa.

You know it is funny how well some people know you.
 Every friend who viewed the All Occasions catalogue with me and saw this "A Nice Cuppa" Stamp and framelits set  (p.34 &35.)said "Oh you will definitely have to get this one Vicki!" 
And how right they were! LOL! Yes I am a true lover of my Cup of Tea. Fine Bone China cups are preferable too. hehe.

So when it came to a recent Workshop I just had to use this set for a make and take.

This is the original card I made.
Using pretty floral paper from Love Blossoms dsp stack.p.17. 
Does it remind you of a lovely fine bone china tea cup do you think?



Stamps are from Timeless Textures and A Nice Cuppa.
Ink colours used were: Rose Red, Garden Green, Blushing Bride and Crumbcake.


Inside there is a little pocket that holds a tea bag.




For the Workshop I changed it up ever so slightly. I didn't have the white bakers twine for the tea bag and I used the large circle scallop punch for the little decorative piece at the bottom.

This is the card with the tea cup turned around to show the other side of the Love Blossoms Designer Paper we used. That's another reason to love using our designer paper in projects...there is always two options for every piece you use.




INSTRUCTIONS FOR TEA BAG HOLDER:
Cut A4 cardstock in half lengthways - 10.5cm
Turn and score at 7cm and 19.5cm.
Adhere the edges of the 7cm piece up to make a pocket.


And just because I love the idea of a card with a tea bag inside...
I made another one.
 The card is a small 10.5cm x 10.5cm square card and the flap that folds up to make the pocket is 5.5cm. 
You will need a piece of cardstock 10.5cm x 27cm. Score at 5.5cm and 16cm.

In totally different colours Tangerine Tango and Daffodil yellow.
I fussy-cut the stamp, as there isn't a framelit for it, "There's always time for tea". It wasn't very hard to do.
Tip: When hand-cutting an image try and leave a small white border around the edges. It helps to lift the image from the rest of your card.

Background stamps : Timeless Textures - All Occasions Catalgue p.29
Hearts punched out with the small heart punch.

Finally I will show you the Notecard we also made at the Workshop Make and Take. Using Botanical Blooms Stamps, Botanical Garden dsp and the Pansy Flower Punch.



 Loads of fun!
It must be time for a cuppa by now don't you think?? after all that reading!!

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you can come again real soon.
Vx





Comments

Popular Posts