Let's get Inky!


I just saw a fantastic youtube video by Ruth Trice, using a custom made multi-coloured ink pad.
While I have done this kind of technique before I loved the colours and stamps she used so just had to  give it a go myself.
I kept with the Lost Lagoon, Crumbcake and Early Expresso Colours.



You create a multi-coloured ink pad using some kitchen towel folded up - I used three folded in half on a plastic lid. (Or even baby wipes work if you would rather.)
Using my re inkers-
I created two seperate circles of Crumbcake ink about 2 cm wide. Then around them I placed Lost Lagoon Ink. Around that I did Early Expresso Ink. By this time both circles were joined together.

Now I had my custom ink pad made I could start stamping.




I inked the leaves from Kinda Eclectic p.127. all the way up a 9.5cm x 13.5 cm piece of Whisper White.

Then I used the custom ink pad to stamp some flowers from Flowershop Stamp Set. p.126.
Punch these with the Pansy Punch and use the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Set to make some Early Expresso Flower Centres and some Lost Lagoon little flowers on the leaves.



 Stamp some spots from Gorgeous Grunge onto the card. Add a sentiment on Crumbcake punched with the large oval punch.
I also used some of the new gold metallic thread p.159 around the sentiment for interest. Little leaves are from the Bird Builder Punch.

I just loved the way this turned out!

(click on photo to enlarge)

So there was still plenty of ink in the home made ink pad - I just had to do it again! LOL!
But a little bit different - of course!




This time I used the retired Dictionary Background Stamp in Crumbcake ink. Then stamped the leaves on top. I used the Sunray stamp from Kinda Eclectic in the corner and just stamped and punched my flower selection from Flowershop and Petite Petals.


 The cut out set of leaves and sentiment are from Birthday Blossoms.

So two cards made - the same but different!

I think swapping the Lost Lagoon withe Blushing Bride would look lovely too. Why not give it a go yourself? Happy Inking.

Bye for now. VX

Comments

Popular Posts