Time for Tea


I saw this brilliant tea cup easel card on Bronwyn Eastley's blog and just had to make one for my
Tea-loving friend's birthday card. You can check out Bronwyn's terrific information on how she made this card by clicking here.

I have changed it a little, but not too much.
I used the retired SU stamp set, Tea Shoppe and the I Love Lace Background Stamp p. 175. Plus some flowers from the Petite Petals set, p.125.
Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry and Whisper White Cardstock, plus a Gold Foil Sheet.
Tangerine Tango. Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana were my ink colours.
I also used Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder with the I Love Lace Background Stamp.



(click on photo to enlarge)

The Saucer:
To make this I created a card using a piece of folded Bermuda Bay card stock with my largest Circle Framelit (the scalloped one).
I layered my Gold foil circle and my stamped and gold embossed I Love Lace circle on top.
For You (Chalk Talk p.11) is a punched circle, raised with dimensionals to hold the teacup in place when it is standing up.
Added a small line of pearls and some layered flowers.

This is the inside of the card.

The Cup:
I stamped the cup on a folded piece of white card stock and cut it out. Then I cut a slit in the top for a  white circle to slip in. You can see this on the back here. Stick the circle to the bottom of the top teacup.

 Then I stamped a separate cup and cut this one out and stuck it over the back piece.
A white tab was made and stuck to the bottom inside of the back cup and this was attached under the rim of the I Love Lace Circle.
Then I decorated the top half of the circle with flowers, butterfly and greeting, so you couldn't see the circle at all from the front.

This is the two pieces opened out ready to lie flat.

And this is how it looks closed.
(click on photo to enlarge)
With the tea cup open.
(click on photo to enlarge)

 I was very happy with how it turned out and because I am a "theme-loving" person and everything has to "tell a story", I had to give my lovely friend a sweet bone china mug from The Tea Centre to go with this card. (as you do! haha.)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you can come back next Monday when I am participating in a Creative Blog Hop. Till Then. Vx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts