Ballerina Owl.

***(A Big "Hello" to anyone visiting from Carolyn's Blog!!! So nice you could stop by.)

My youngest niece turned eight a few weeks ago. She loves dance and does really well at it. So I thought a cute ballerina owl would be a good idea. I saw this on pinterest. I also thought I would try making a "cheats version"  of a shaker card.


This is where you have a piece of card stock and you fold a piece of vellum around it - making an envelope that you place your little sequins or cut out shapes in.



this is the back of the card stock with the vellum attached. I left the top open to add my shapes, then sealed it.
Here is the front.  I layered this onto a piece of Gold Foil card stock. The designer paper is from All Abloom paper stack p.185 and placed onto a Pink Pirouette card base.


I placed my little ballerina owl on top of the vellum with my greeting from Label Love p.14 in Strawberry Slush ink.
 Her dress is part of the Oval Scallop Punch in Blushing Bride folded over. Her wings are from the Scallop Circle in Early Expresso and Crumbcake card stock.



 I confess that it was a little more fiddly than I thought and I wasn't that happy with the "shaker" part. I think I prefer the traditional method of making these cards as the extra space between the card allows for the sequins and shapes to move around more freely. But I do like the overall look of this card and I hope our little ballerina star does too.

On another note:
 It was Father's Day in Australia on Sunday and my husband wanted to do the 5km Bridge to Brisbane Walk. So that is what we did. Took us an hour exactly but we weren't pushing ourselves too much. Had a great time. Think we will do this next year too. There were approx.28,000 participants this year and we were part of the 8,500 who were doing the 5km walk. Whoo Hoo!



Hope to see you later in the week for another interesting card shape to share with you.

Thanks for stopping by. Vx

Comments

  1. That Ballerina owl is adorable Vicki, also congratulations on the bridge walk. Awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VIcki, your owl and vellum shaker looks adorable. What a cute idea! I wonder if you rubbed the Embossing Buddy over the centre of the vellum before adhering it to your cardstock would help the sequins to move more freely? It would stop the static cling anyway?

    Hats off to you and hubby for doing the Bridge to Brisbane walk. Happy Father's Day to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Susan! Thanks for the tip.
    Yes I am very pleased to have done the walk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts