The Mystery of the Circle Framelit Birthday Card.


It was hubby's birthday this week and I have been wanting to use the Moustache Framelit p.230and the Circle Card Framelit p.228 - so why not put them together?!

I decided the circle part was perfect for a face.
 I am a huge Agatha Christie Fan - read the books, seen the movies, got the dvd's. Plus we had just been to see The Confessional starring the brilliant David Suchet (who plays Hercule Poirot on TV).
Hercule Poirot is extremely proud of his moustache so who better to place on the front of the card!!

(click on photo to enlarge)
I used Basic Grey for the base of my card.
Hercule's face is the large 2 1/2 inch circle punch in Calypso Coral. His bowler hat is just rectangles with the corners rounded. Eyes and nose are circle punches. Not a lot to him really.
I used the Just Sayin' stamp set and matching Word Bubble Framelits. 
At the bottom half of the card I used some retired striped designer paper as Hercule often wears pin-striped trousers. I thought he needed a magnifying glass to highlight his "Detective status". This was done with two circle punches and the Word Window Punch. I printed the words on my Computer.
When you open the card this is on the other side of Hercule's face. Using the Label Love Stamp Set and matching Label Bracket Punch. With a circle of Real Red card stock behind to highlight the words.
(click on photo to enlarge)
This is the whole card open. I have extended the card for more room to write.
I do this by scoring at 5cm and then folding that piece under. When I cut out the framelit. I place the framelit just outside this fold (so it doesn't cut through it.)
The words on the other side are from the hostess set only available for a limited time.



I had fun using the Circle Card Framelit, it was so easy. Pop back again next week and I will show you another card made with this. Until then happy stamping. Vx

Comments

  1. What a brilliant idea! I love the way you made Hercule Poirot! Your husband must have loved it. Happy birthday to him by the way :) Thank you for including me in the Creative Blog Hop, Vicki. I am ready to go for next Monday with two wonderful crafting friends nominated. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts