Blackberry Birthday Bliss!

Hello Everyone, I couldn't wait to share this today!
I saw this really neat card on Pinterest designed by Deb Valder. It was a three fold card with cut out sections in the top two folds. With a special birthday card to create I thought this would be a great design to try for myself.
I love this card so be prepared I have lots of photos to show you.
(click on photo to enlarge)
The card is a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock. 29.5cm (the full length of the A4) x15cm scored at 10cm & 20 cm.
I stamped the front with Blackberry Bliss Ink and the I Love Lace Stamp. p.175.
I used the Deco Labels Collection Framelits.p.231 to cut out the various size windows.

Starting at the greeting which I stamped in black from the Flower Patch Stamp Set.p.156
Decorative Label and Extra Large Oval Punches p.220 & 221.
Flowers: Wisteria Wonder and Blackberry Bliss Itty Bitty Punches p.222 and (retired small flowers).
Leaves: Mossy Meadow Bird Builder Punch 223.

At the bottom of the front piece I added flowers stamped and punched from the Flower Shop Stamp Set p.67 and Pansy Punch and the Petite Petals Stamp Set and matching punch. p.125
Stamped in Blackberry Bliss and Wisteria Wonder.
The edge of the card was cut with a retired edgelit.

(click on photo to enlarge)
Here it is with the first fold open.
I stamped the I Love Lace design on the inside piece as well. Can you see the flower from the front peeping over the edge of the window inside? I stamped this flower twice and stuck them together so it looked good from the front and the inside as well.

On the right side I used a piece of retired black and cream dsp (in our current catalogue we have Typeset p.184 and Back to Black p.187 dsp which would give a similar look) 
I stamped the greeting twice (from Flower Patch Stamp Set p.156) and cut out the Wisteria Wonder "you" and pasted it over the top of the whisper White piece. 
The silver glimmer card was cut using the two Deco Label Framelits together so I had a silver frame to glue around the edge of the smaller Deco Label window.

I also added more flowers this time just in the Blackberry Bliss with just a touch of silver dazzling details for the centres.

Now for the inside. Fully opened.
You can see on the inside I have the Blackberry Bliss butterfly from Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set and matching punches. The Happy Birthday came from Hostess Set Bloom With Hope.

Of course my lovely friend who loves purple and butterflies had to have an appropriate birthday gift!

This is the calico bag I decorated with a matching tag in Blackberry Bliss, using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and some left over pieces from the card. (The Silver Glimmer Card Deco Label is the inside piece left over when I made my frame.)
And the gift inside. Nail Polish to match it all!!
(click on photo to enlarge)
Well thank you if you have made it to the end!
Phew!
I am so proud of this I just had to show it off! hehe.
Come back in a few days to see some more I Love Lace cards. Vx

Comments

  1. Thank you Vicki. I am blessed to have such a talented friend as you and I was tickled to received this beautiful card and gift. Thank you so much. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts