Blooming Yellow

Hello Happy Stampers,
I can't wait to show you this card today using Birthday Blooms p.9 and the matching Birthday Bouquet Designer paper. 
It is in my favourite "Happy" colour - YELLOW!
Using So Saffron as a base card.



The Birthday Blooms was stamped on our Vellum cardstock in white craft ink and then heat embossed in white embossing powder.
I flipped the picture over and coloured on the opposite side to the stamped image. Using Stampin Write Markers - Garden Green and So Saffron.
I love doing this technique because the colouring doesn't have to be perfect. When you flip the vellum over to the embossed side the colouring looks very neat within the crisp embossed lines.

 The For You was stamped in Cucumber Crush.
 Now I always have a problem with attaching Vellum to cardstock. There are different ways but you always have to be aware of adhesive showing through the vellum.
This time I came up with a new idea I thought I would try.

1/ I cut a piece of white cardstock 1/2 cm larger than the vellum .

2/ Then I used a little bit of snail to the middle of the white cardstock to hold the vellum in place. (I placed it there because the snail won't show through the coloured flower.)
Stick your Vellum to the centre of the white cardstock.

3/ I placed Washi Tape along the top edge of the Vellum and folded it over the White cardstock to the back. I used about two thirds of Washi to the front and one third to fold over at the back.

4/The Washi Tape is used on the top and bottom. Like a border.
(note : if you are using a patterned Washi Tape that has a definite line like my dots make sure they are straight hehe.)

5/ I snipped off any over-hanging washi tape at the ends.


Added some floating diamantes around the flower and a gold cord and the card was finished.


I think it turned out really well and would make a lovely card for a special occasion.

Thanks for stopping by.Vx
Come again soon.

Comments

Popular Posts