Birthday card in the box. Blue and Red.


The 2014 Australian Stampin Up Convention has just finished and I didn't go this year. Boo Hoo.
But I did go to  Unconvention! That is a fun event run online, by some great demonstrators for those of us who couldn't make it.
One challenge I didn't finish in time but I wanted to show it here. The challenge was a colour challenge, Red, White and Blue.
I had to make a birthday card for my Mother, who turned 83 on Sunday, so I made a card in the box.

(click on photo to enlarge)
 Using, Raspberry Ripple, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo.
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Designer Paper: Gingham Garden and some retired dsp from the previous holiday mini.

Click on photo to enlarge.



I stamped flowers from the Flowershop Stamp set and punched them out with the matching Pansy Punch. Look at all those flowers bursting out of this box! Wish my garden looked like this.




Added some butterflies from Papillion Potpourri and Rhinestone basic jewels.


Greeting from Label Love Stamp Set and Artisan Label Punch.

And a back view.



I love how good this looks with not much effort. I whipped this up in an hour which is good timing for me! Mum really liked it too.

Another thing I managed to do on the weekend was a bit of gardening. (flowers on the brain!).
The garden always looks a bit dull in autumn/winter so I decided to spruce it up with some new plants. I love pink, white and purple in my garden. I planted some daisies, pansies, a lovely rose standard and some other plants in purple and white I can't remember the names of but they look nice. hehe.


Hopefully this will bring back some colour into the garden. I'm looking forward to the roses blooming. Already have a few buds.

So not only flowers blooming in my card in the box but also in my garden!!LOL!

Thanks for stopping by. Come back again soon. Vx

Comments

  1. I like your card in a box :) I think they are always so impressive. Your garden is going to look wonderful with all those new plants too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome card in a box Vicki, I love it. Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts