Joyful Christmas


Hello everyone.
Today I want to share with you a card we did in class a couple of weeks ago.
One of my ladies had asked if we could use some acetate on a card.
A full sheet of acetate can be a little tricky to use so I came up with a card using just a strip of acetate.
(click on photo to enlarge)
We stamped the piece of acetate in versamark with the poinsettia flower from the Joyful Christmas Stamp Set and then used gold embossing powder and heated it (carefully) with a heat gun.

I stamped the Poinsettia flower in Cherry Cobbler onto Raspberry Ripple Cardstock twice and then cut out the flower to create a 3D flower.
The strips of designer paper are from Season of Style and hide the edges where the acetate overlaps the crumbcake cardstock.

It turned out rather nice and the ladies were very happy with it. I am thinking I might do another acetate card before too long. This one was fun and easy to do.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend  and I will be back again next week. Vx


Comments

  1. You have so many pretty new cards and techniques since I last visited! I have been on holidays so haven't had many chances to catch up with seeing what you are doing so tonight was a treat. Your acetate technique is one I will try too. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Vicki. Love, Love, Love it. This really is my fave set from the Holiday catty and I haven't even had to chance to ink it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts