hexagon heaven


I recently purchased the hexagon punch and matching stamp set, Six-sided Sampler. (I just love the Stampin Up Bundles that save me 15%)
Would you like to see some of the cards I have been making with it?
(click on photo to enlarge)
This card was inspired by one I saw by Debbie Henderson.
I have used some daffodil yellow candy dots in the centres of the Strawberry Slush flowers.
I am not that keen on Strawberry Slush but I really love how this card turned out. The colour really pops against the black doesn't it?
While I had the Strawberry Slush out anyway - thought I would try another card with it.

(click on photo to enlarge)

This time I ran my Strawberry Slush ink pad across the raised up side of my honeycomb embossing folder.
I placed the white sheet of cardstock inside and pressed down with my hands. Voila - a perfectly transferred honeycomb image!
This is a great idea to use for backgrounds when you just can't find the right colour in your designer paper stack.

I teamed the Strawberry Slush with Smoky Slate and Pisatchio Pudding.

Finally I would like to leave you with a fantastic statement. We should all carry an Inspirational Statement of the Heart within us. I have a couple really, but this is my latest one:- 

What do you think? Would you like to share this one with me.

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. Love hearing from you anytime.
Vx

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, when do I get to come over for a slushy drink and dessert? LOL! I love your clever card. I have seen that really inking up the EF but haven't tried it yet. You are so sweet to comment on all my cards. I was a stamping fool yesterday on such a rainy day. I hope all is well. I need to post my Retro sketch card so better get to it. Squishy hugs to you my buddy. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote Vicki and the cards. I'm not much of a strawberry slush person either, but do love it against the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki. Your cards look lovely. Isn't it amazing how even the colours we wouldn't initially choose turn out so nice? I liked your quite too. I'm on holiday in a motorhome at the moment so crafting is not happening as much as it usually does, and neither is calling on on your blog! But I shall be back one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts