Celebrate Eclipse Cards!

Featuring: Eclipse Card technique, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Saleabration 2018, Celebrate You Thinlits dies, Stampin Up

Have you seen the Eclipse Cards? A fun technique I have been wanting to try, when I received my Saleabration - Celebrate You Thinlits, I just had to give it a go.

You basically cut out your words/numbers/shapes and raise them up with Foam adhesive strips. You have a dark colour cardstock layered behind the cut out words to give an eclipse effect.

My first try I used Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set p.77 Main catalogue. I stamped all the flowers across Whisper White, then cut out the word Celebrate and raised it up with the Foam strips.


 Colours used: Tempting Turquoise, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz.
(the bigger middle pieces of letters look better glued down to the base e.g. "b" and "a" I glued the centre pieces to the black card exposed.)

Still playing around with this idea. I made a Split Card. Using Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black and Whisper White.
Stamp Set Wood Words p.159 Main Catalogue.
Designer Paper Sweet Soiree Specialty Dsp.

 Beautiful You Stamp Set for inside words.
 I think the "You" is a bit too camouflaged.
But still a very fun technique. Don't think I have quite finished playing with this one. hehe.

 Maybe you might give it a try too. It would be great as a number card using the large Number dies.


And finally a beautiful evening here.


Thanks for stopping by. See you again next week. Vx

Comments

Popular Posts