Is it Snowing???


In Queensland!!!! Hardly likely. LOL. But a girl can dream....so saying I have been busily creating Snowman Cards to give out this year.
Isn't he cute.
Basically I made the cute punch art snowman and then just added him to different background papers.

Would you like to know how to make him?


Let's get started then. Use the 1 1/4" and 2" circle punches for the head and body. I ran the body through the big shot with the Star Embossing Folder.

The arms are a heart cut in half from the retired triple heart punch. I raised the ams up on the sides with dimensionals.



Let's make the Scarf next.

Create the ends of the scarf with part of an oval punched out. Punch a half oval first then punch again as shown. Cut this in half and add a glimmer star on top.

To make the neck piece you need to punch a piece with the word window punch then put it back in as shown and punch again to create a smaller piece.


 put them all together and you have the scarf. You can make it in any colour you like.
 Now for the face. This is just a small piece of Tangerine Tango card stock cut off the corner and two little black eyes using the Stampin Write Black Marker.



Finally the hat.
Starting with the owl builder punch. Punch out some black card stock as shown leaving off the feet. The two black eyes can be used as the buttons on his tummy.
 Cut another crescent shape using the oval punch again. This is the brim of the hat.
 Now cut off the ears from the owl.
 Place the two pieces together and you have the hat.
 Here are all the pieces for the hat I used. A bit of glimmer card stock. Leaf from the bird builder punch. A flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch set.
And what do you have when you put it all together???
A Snowman!


And here are a few of the cards I made. Some of the designer paper is non SU but I thought it was a great opportunity to use up some of my hoard. haha.


Pop back again at the end of the week and I will show you some quick little gifts I made using the Envelope Punch Board.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I know how hectic it can get at Christmas time.
Before I leave you today I want to share with you my snowman collection. Every year it sits across the mantle piece.








Comments

  1. Ooh, aren't your snowmen pinch arts cute! Thank you for the detailed tutorial. They are very effective. I know it doesn't snow here and have sometimes been tempted to try making a sandman!! Lol! Love your snowman collection too. Stay cool this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts