A little birdy told me...

When I saw the Hostess Stamp Set "Four Seasons" in the Main Catalogue ( p.199), I knew I had to get it.
I just love the little birdies and with four seasonal stamps it makes for a versatile stamp set too.
(click on photo to enlarge)
I made this card for a friend's birthday last week and then just had to make another I liked it so much.
It uses the new designer paper Comfort Cafe. I love the colours in this designer paper.
My card uses the Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Very Vanilla cardstock.
I stamped the first time in Summer Starfruit and then I cleaned the stamp and just coloured in the centre picture with my Stampin Write Markers and stamped on a separate piece of cardstock. Punched out the first with my 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and then punched out the birdy with my 1" circle and layered on top.
This card is going to someone who needs a pick me up for Friendship Friday.

I also made another card for next week's class while I had the stamp set out.
This one is a Christmas Card.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Do you like the spotty background?
I started with a piece of white cardstock and stamp randomly over it with the snowflake from this stamp set in Night of Navy. Then I punched out a few circles in Marina Mist and Bashful Blue and glued them on.
I cut the cardstock into three pieces and ran it through the Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder for the Inlaid Technique.
What do you think - looks cool? (or at least a bit snowy.)

On the home front. Chris came home so excited about a costume he had bought from Lombard's.
He is taking it to Youth Camp.
"OK Kid. I'm in charge now"

Comments

  1. This set is fab isn't it Vicki - it's on my wish list too. Love the costume! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Vicki, particularly the Comfort Cafe one as those papers are favourites of mine too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts