Water colour wash technique Double Z fold card.


Hello Happy Stampers!
Today I have a great little technique to show you ...
Water colour Wash.
This great little technique can be used by those who aren't so keen on watercolouring.

What do you think about this little Sweet Sugarplum beauty?! Coordinated with the gorgeous Blooms and Bliss Designer Paper, Blushing Bride and Rich Razzleberry...
How could you go wrong with a combo like that!

The Blooms and Bliss Designer Paper made me think about looking out a window at a lovely garden. So out came my window frame from Hearth and Home thinlets and the butterfly thinlets.



The flowers were stamped in black with Staz On (you need to have a waterproof ink for this bit).
Then I coloured the flowers and leaves with my stampin write markers in Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron and Rich Razzleberry.



And Now for the best bit.... I didn't get too fussy when colouring my picture.
 I left bits of white here and there because I knew when I place my water colour wash on top it would dampen the picture and make the colour slightly run - not too much but enough to help fill in my not so good colouring!Hooray!

So here is how I did the water colour wash...
So easy-peasy! I LOVE IT!!

You will need a large acrylic block - make sure it is clean.
Your choice of stampin write marker/s and a stampin spritzer (p.180) with some water in it.
Next colour your block with the marker or markers. You can use more than one colour.

 Then spray with the spritzer till you get beads of water formed.

Flip onto your cardstock and then leave to dry or dry with a heat gun.



Now in my card above I did this straight on top of my already stamped and coloured image and it turned out beautifully.
But this time I have a piece of cardstock with a Sweet Sugarplum Wash over it ... well...I just have to make it into a card! hehe.


So I stamped the pretty fern from Butterfly Basics in Emerald Envy ink.
To cover up my messy stamping at the bottom left hand edge, I added a couple of heart borders and 1/8" stitched ribbon in Bermuda Bay.
Heart Border and For You from Birthday Blooms stamp set. 
A border of Emerald Envy cardstock and cardbase was Retired Coastal Cabana.



All done... A pretty Water colour wash gift card ready to go in no time at all!!!



Hope you give it a try yourself, if you haven't already.
 I am sure you will love it too.
Have a great day.
Vx




Comments

  1. These cards are awesome Vicki and the folded one with the Window and butterflies is so gorgeous. :) I hope you are well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts