Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Who is hiding in the daisies?

featuring - (Daisy Delight, Pretty Kitty)

Firstly - A few words on creativity. Musings from the Craft table....

Do you ever get a "crafting block"? 
A time when you struggle to create? 
This is certainly me at times and when I do I use other peoples creations to inspire and motivate me. There is no shame in CASEing (Copy and Share Everything). Copying a project or just using it as a point of reference is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. I do try to always give credit to the original creators if at all possible. I think that is important and polite. 

I saw this marvellous colour combo using Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide - (two of the beautiful new in colours this year) and the Daisy Delight stamp set on Pinterest and just had to make my own card using them. (original card made by the talented Sandra Mastello another Australian Demo).

Patterned paper from the Colour Theory Paper Stack and the Delightful Daisy Designer Paper.
Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide card stock and ink.
Daisy Delight Stamp Set and Daisy Punch.


I had this cute little Pretty Kitty image left over from my previous card making and it was just calling out for me to pop up onto the Berry Burst Daisy. hehe. Who could resist that sweet little face?


Where to look for Inspiration and Ideas?
Pinterest is my Number One Stop on the Inspiration Train. Number Two is some favourite blogs. Number Three is the Stampin Up Catalogues and Number Four is getting together with some fellow crafty friends.
I can usually find plenty of ideas to get me started from these areas. 



Sometimes motivation is the problem...and when this appears to be the stumbling block I do two things. 
First I clean up my craft table. (if I am not motivated I can bet money my craft table is untidy. lol.)  A clean and tidy space to play is always a great motivator for me...it gives me that blank canvas to begin filling with creativity all over again...don't you just love that?! Sometimes just cleaning my craft area is all I need to do.
And second I just start. Yep sometimes I just need to actually pick up a stamp and start stamping to get me motivated. crazy hey? but it works for me. 
Pablo Picasso said " I begin with an idea, and then it becomes something else." 
and I couldn't have said it better myself. haha. The idea may be very very small, it may be even someone else's but it is a beginning and that is what we need to do - just begin. (grin).

Well, if you are still here, after my little motivational side ramblings, thank you for sticking with me. 

It has been very cold and wet today and I am sitting at the computer typing this wearing about 6 layers of clothes and a blanket over my legs. LOL. I actually love this type of weather because it makes me want to just stay inside and craft all day.  Who else likes wet weather days for crafting??
At least the garden is getting a good soaking.


Thanks for stopping by. Come again soon. Vx

       


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment