Something a Little Fishy?

September is "Male Month" in this family. With Father's Day thrown in for good measure, I have 3 male birthdays to prepare for as well.

So here is my first male card. Which wasn't for any of the above birthdays! So expect a lot more "Manly" cards to come.

I started with a piece of retired Midnight Muse card stock (but you can always substitute this with Night of Navy). I also used some retired Nautical Designer paper for the background.

(click on photo to enlarge)
 This card was for a man who likes fishing. So out came my By the Tide Stamp Set. p.131.
I decided to "take a photo" of my fish using the On Film Framelits set. p.230.



The large Slate Grey Photo Frame has a piece of retired Midnight Muse card stock inside it and I stamped the coral stamp in Versamark and used my Slate Grey Embossing Powder with a heat gun for a raised shiny texture.


 In the smaller frame, I stamped the fish on a piece of Whisper White card stock in retired Midnight Muse ink and added the coral in Slate Grey ink.  This smaller frame was raised up with dimensionals.

 Inside I stamped some more Slate Grey coral and a lobster in Basic Grey for a bit of interest.


I was very happy with this and am looking forward to making some more "manly" cards this week, so be sure to pop back if you can.

And just to finish off.
Rosie admiring the flowers.
OK..so I did put a doggie treat in there to get her to pose for the photo! hehe. It worked until she started biting at the flowers! Serves me right. haha.
Happy Stamping. Vx

Comments

  1. I love this stamp set and what you have done with the film strip idea is good! I am sure your fisherman will enjoy this card. The lobster certainly adds interest on the inside :)

    He he abotu the bribe and its aftereffects on the flowers! But you got your picture! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts